Sunday 16 September 2012

The Naked Palette Dupe? MUA Undressed Palette Review and Swatches

Hi everyone,
Here's a review on a fairly new release from MUA, this eyeshadow palette is a supposed dupe for Urban Decay's Naked palette.
 
 
For an extremely reasonable price of £4 you get 12 shadows and 9.6g of product in total. So great value for money!
 
Swatches...
(Top Row Shades 1-3, Bottom Row Shades 7-9)
(Shades 1 - 3)
(Shades 7-9)
(Top Row Shades 4-6, Bottom Row Shades 10-12)
 (Shades 4-6)
(Shades 10-12)
 
Overall I'm pretty impressed with this palette, the pigmentation of the shimmery shades is fantastic, they're smooth, soft and easily blendable. The matte shades are less pigmented but they're still soft and smooth, not at all chalky. Even though the matte shades arn't that pigmented 'Shade 5' worked very well for filling in my brows!
 
This palette is very obviously a copy of the Urban Decay Naked Palette and whilst I love the Naked Palette I think this is a very clever and very good thing for MUA to have done, I mean who wouldn't want a cheap dupe for an expensive product? I did compare these shadows next to the shadows from the Naked Palette and they are pretty close dupes. I also used the palette to recreate some of my go to looks that I use my Naked Palette for and the shadows performed very well and looked fantastic!
 
So here's a little summary...
 
Pros
- The Price! £4!
- The shimmery shades are very pigmented.
- The shadows are very good quality for the price.
- It's a pretty close dupe for the Naked palette.
 
Cons
- The matte shades arn't very pigmented.
- The packaging isn't that great, a bit cheap/filmsy but ok for the price.
- There is a bit of fallout from the shadows.
- The applicator that comes with it is a bit rubbish.
 
So there you go! My thoughts on the MUA Undressed Palette.
I hope this has given you some idea of the quality if you were thinking of buying it.
 
I also have one of these to give away in my up coming giveaway! So keep your eyes peeled for that!
 
Thanks for reading,
Jess
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment