Friday 28 September 2012

Product Review - John Frieda Full Repair Shampoo, Conditioner and Styling Spray

Hi everyone,
 
 
A couple of weeks ago I recieved an email from a lovely lady from a PR company asking me if I'd like to test and review some John Frieda hair products, I jumped at the chance!
 
I opted to try the 'Full Repair' range that I'd been eyeing up in the shops anyway as my hair is dry, damaged, really thick and can be quite difficult to tame.
 
I was sent the Full Body Shampoo, Full Body Conditioner and Style Creator Heat Activated Styling Spray.
 
First things first, I love the shampoo and conditioner! The first time that I used them I was a little unimpressed by the results, the shampoo lathered up really nicely and the conditoner made my hair feel smooth but when my hair had dried it didn't feel very conditioned. When I next washed my hair I used a bit more conditioner and it felt amazing! My hair felt silky smooth and my normally dry, brittle ends felt really soft and conditioned.
 
Not only does the shampoo and conditioner combination make my hair feel amazing, the products smell fantastic! If you're a fan of Cacharel's Amor Amor perfume, you will love the smell of this shampoo and conditioner as it is pretty much identical.

(Top - Shampoo, Bottom - Conditioner)

 
I don't normally use styling sprays so I was excited to try the heat activated styling spray. This product claims to improve manageability and provide long lasting hold, I definitely agree with the manageability claim! I tried using this product before blow drying and before straightening, when blow drying I did notice some extra volume but I'm not sure if this was due to the spray or the shampoo and conditioner, I loved the effect though.
When I straightened my hair I noticed it was smoother, shinier and tamer.
 
Summary
 
Pros
- The shampoo lathers up wonderfully.
- The shampoo and conditioner smell amazing! Seriously just go and sniff them instore :)
- The shampoo and conditioner did seem to really improve the condition of my dry/damaged hair.
- The styling spray improved manageability of hair when used with straighteners.
- The colour of the packaging is really attractive, is that a bit fickle? :)
 
Cons
- I felt that more conditioner was needed compared to shampoo, so I'll definitely be running out the conditioner first.
 
Overall I'm very impressed with these products and I will be repurchasing and checking out more of the John Frieda Full Repair range. I'm particularly interested in trying the deep conditioner.
 
The shampoo and condtioner retail for £5.89 each and the styling spray retails for £5.99. These prices are taken from the Boots website where these products are currently on a 3 for 2 offer.
 
Thanks for reading,
Jess
xxx
 
 
 
 
My reviews are always 100% honest! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the shampoo and conditioner too! Great review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are really nice, glad I got the chance to try them. xx

      Delete