Monday 14 May 2012

Product Review - Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie

When the Revlon Lip Butters were launched in the UK I jumped on the band wagon and bought one as soon as possible! However I was totally disappointed, I bought one in the shade 'Strawberry Shortcake', a light, creamy, baby pink. I tried it on and immediately hated it, the colour was awful on me, it was so pigmented which wasn't what I was expecting and it clung to any dry skin on my lips.


BUT!!! I have now fallen in love with a lip butter and I've forgiven Revlon(hehe) :D



This lip butter is completely different!


It's in the shade Berry Smoothie.
I bought this because I liked the look of the colour and Emilynoel83, from YouTube recommended it in one of her videos.

Berry Smoothie is a fairly sheer berry colour, it feels smooth and moisturising on the lips.


The packaging is sleek, sophisticated and the actual product is a good shape and enables easy application.

This is the lip butter swatched on my hand, on the right it's just one swipe of the product and on the left it's a few layers of the lip butter. 



This is Berry Smoothie applied lightly, I love this for an everyday/work/daytime look, it's lovely and sheer.

Pro's
- Not badly priced - £7.99
- Easy to wear
- Amazing colour(for me anyway)
- Moisturising

Con's
- You don't get much product for the money
- The product can get a bit soft quite easily, which makes it harder to apply(I've stuck mine in the fridge for a while)


Thanks for reading
Jess
xxx


P.S. If anyone wants the lip butter in Strawberry Shortcake that I have, let me know, I'd be happy to send it to you :) I've only used it a couple of times. Hopefully I can find it a new home where it'll be used and loved :D hehe.



6 comments:

  1. Me me me! I'd have the strawberry shortcake butter!! Haha I really want to try one but just can't justify spending £7.99 at the moment on one... The new colour looks lovely on you :) xox
    somethingspecialtosay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) You're welcome to have it, you can facebook message me if you like and I'll arrange to get it to you :P

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Berry Smoothie is my fav shade - just so wearable x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely! I can't stop wearing it. I'm very tempted to get Pink Truffle as well... xxx

      Delete
  3. Good review, I might buy a few sometime, just not sure what colours to get...have no idea what colour suits me... although the berry smoothie one looks really nice :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definatly get berry smoothie :) xx

      Delete