Sunday 28 October 2012

Product Review - Barry M Ultra Moisturising Lip Paint in Black Cherry

Hi everyone,

Here's another lip product review! 

I've wanted to pick up one of Barry M's new Ultra Moisturising Lip Paints since I first saw them in the shops a couple of weeks ago. I was drawn in by the cute pink packaging and then when I swatched a couple of them in store I realised that they'd released some gorgeous new berry colours.

I couldn't resist picking up the shade Black Cherry.




What Barry M Say...
"New ultra moisturising lip paint enriched with hydrating and lip nourishing Cocoa Butter for a 
soft and saturated finish."

The formula of this lipstick is lovely, very smooth and quite moisturising. I know that Barry M lip paints have had some mixed reviews but I think this new formula is great.

The colour of this lipstick is beautiful! 



It is quite a bold colour but I think that the picture is making it look a little paler than it actually is. It is definitly a deep vampy colour.

 Regarding application, I found that this could be applied straight from the bullet for a fairly neat finish(If you're careful!), but the finish really does benefit from being applied with a lip brush. In the picture above I also applied some concealer around my lip line to prevent any bleeding/feathering.

Summary

Pros

- Stunning colour for autumn!
 - Fairly moisturising
- Long lasting
- Quite Cheap! Only £4.49!

Cons

-  It wore off a little patchy
- Bit of a pain to re apply. 


Overall I'm very happy with this lipstick, I've already picked up another shade from this range. This shade really is gorgeous for the season and a bit of a bargain! :)

Thanks for reading,
Jess
xxx

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the colour of this, I will deffo be picking it up :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lovely colour! thought it would like darker on the lips. still need to tru out the barry m lipsticks.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new ultra moisturising range is great xxx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice!! its def not true to color but i do like it

    ReplyDelete