This is an easy recipe for a yummy fruity summer treat.
Pavlova is a simple combination of a meringue base, whipped cream and fresh fruit.
To make my pavlova a little different I made a fruit coulis and folded some into the whipped cream and drizzled some on the top.
For the Meringue
- 4 Egg Whites
- 250g Caster Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Malt Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Cornflour
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For the Coulis
- 150g Frozen Mixed Berries
- Icing Sugar, to taste(About a couple of tablespoons)
For the Top
- 300ml Whipping Cream, whipped
- Punnet of Strawberries
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Then add the sugar, a tablespoon at a time until the mixture is very stiff.
- Whisk in the vinegar, cornflour and vanilla.
- Line a baking sheet with silicone paper.
- Pile the meringue mixture into the centre and spread into a 23cm(9 inch) circle(roughly!).
- Hollow out a small dip in the centre of the meringue.
- Bake in an oven that's preheated to 150 degrees.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Once cooked leave to cool completely.
- While the meringue is baking/cooling, make the fruit coulis.
- Using a stick blender, blitz the fruit into a sauce. (I put my fruit in a large pyrex jug while blending)
- Put a metal sieve over a bowl and push the fruit sauce through to get rid of the seeds.
- Stir the icing sugar into the sieved sauce, taste to check if it's sweet enough.
- Once the meringue is cool, fold half of the sauce through the whipped cream.
- Pile the cream onto the meringue.
- Decorate the top with halved strawberries and drizzle with the remaining coulis.
- I then added edible glitter, but you don't have to :D
Thanks for reading,