Here's a lovely summery potato salad recipe, perfect for BBQs, picnics -or just munching on at home. :)
- 250g New Potatoes(I used quite small Charlotte potatoes)
- 10 Spears of Asparagus(Use more if you have it!)
- 1 Small Shallot
- 1 Heaped Tablespoon of Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoon of French Mayonnaise(Can be bought in Sainsburys, or substitute for normal mayo mixed with some dijon mustard)
- 2 Teaspoons of Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Place the potatoes in a pan and cover with cold water, bring the potatoes to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and leave to cool.
- When the potatoes have cooled, slice into 1cm thick slices and place in a bowl.
- Trim the tough ends off you asparagus and place on a microwavable plate.
- Microwave the asparagus on high for 30 seconds. The asparagus should be tender but not overcooked.
- Slice the asparagus into rounds, but leave the tips whole and set to one side.
- Add the sliced asparagus to the bowl with the potato slices in.
- Now make the dressing by finely chopping the shallot and add to the asparagus and potato slices along with the sour cream, mayo, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Give everything a good stir together, taste to check it's seasoned enough.
- Spoon the salad into serving dishes and decorate with the asparagus tips.
Serves 2-3 as a side dish.
Thanks for reading,